Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nesting

Mr. Pieceful and I have been in Florida for almost a week now and are certainly enjoying the sunshine. The weather was in the 80's when we arrived but for the past few days the temp has dropped to the 50's with cooler night readings. We have chuckled to see the people here in hats, gloves and scarves when it still feels like a heat wave to us.

The ride down from Maine was uneventful - just the way we like it. Since our arrival I have been doing a bit of nesting! Monday saw me seeking out  quilt ladies and joining their small bee.I have my sewing "nest" set up and am happy to report that I have been able to sew daily! What a treat it was to set up the ironing board and cutting station  out on the screen porch Saturday and Sunday.

Right before leaving for the winter I learned that a former colleague of mine will be on extended leave due to health issues. I literally tossed two charm packs into the project bag the day we were leaving. I have pieced a 4 patch quilt to help my friend over her rough patch. The top is almost finished and I will post a picture before the flimsy heads to Maine to be quilted and bound. I have loved working with the Moda Ruby Charm Packs! Reds, greys, and aqua brightened up my new sewing nest for a few days!

This Sunday I have challenged myself to work on a project for Christmas 2012 .I intend to continue this on the second Sunday of each month.I hope to get a project organized to start my Christmas collection! I am really missing my endless supply of scraps from home but I will figure something out so that I can stitch, stitch, stitch...

No comments:

Post a Comment