Saturday, January 28, 2012

Creative Day In Caribou

Slippers

This afternoon I finished a project for a friend. A pair of slippers! I just learned how to loom knit three or four months ago. I love it. It's very straight forward and easy to put down and pick up again without having to worry about finish a row. As a music teacher, I spend a lot of evenings at schools in various communities playing Pep Bands for basketball games. Loom knitting is a great way to pass time when you can't root for any one team in particular. I hope these will be nice and cozy for her!


Remote Caddy

This is a project that my boyfriend has been long awaiting. As I have mentioned before, I live in a small one bedroom apartment so space is precious. When I begin a sewing project (which is nearly every weekend), I take over the largest flat surface we have. The kitchen table. This means we are force to eat most meals from our coffee table. We are forever shuffling our remotes around to make room for dinner plate, to play card games or to place our books when writing papers for grad courses. Months ago Jon asked me to make a hanging pouch for remotes. I finally got it today and was able to whip it up in approximately 30 minutes. I based my design off of my thread catcher. Our coffee table is actually an old wooden army foot locker that I found in a old barn. Inside the lid there is a pouch that I filled with pop corn kernels (it's what I had on hand). to offset the weight of the controllers. Here is a picture of my version. 


Stay Tuned

My next blog will be of a flannel lap-sized rag quilt!

Respectfully,
Harmony 

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo-the slippers are beautiful!! I can't wait to wear them!! But I must say, the remote container looks pretty cool, too! I think boyfriend and I are pretty lucky to have Harmony around!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you consider posting a photo of a project on the loom? I am interested in how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my next post I will post a photos that have several different views of loom knitting. It is super slick!

    ~Harmony

    ReplyDelete