Sunday, February 2, 2014

Life's a Beach

Hello there! This is Harmony posting today. I promise I have been busy lately and I finally have a moment to blog about it to bring you all up to speed. I will share with you today about some of my latest completed projects but I will have a separate blog for each project so that it doesn't get too long!

Life's a Beach

This is a project that I began last summer when I went to the State Quilt show and took a class with Cynthia England. By sewing small pieces of fabric together a landscape is created. The picture outline is printed on freezer paper that you cut out and iron directly on to fabric and stitch with right sides together. This is different than paper piecing. Below is a the first section that I completed.
Once you have a few small sections completed, you sew those together and it begins to form your landscape. There are HUNDREDS of small pieces of material here!
 Finally done! Square it up and add borders.
The final product is going to be shipped to Florida for my Mum! Merry belated Christmas!

Respectfully,
Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment