Sunday, February 2, 2014

Iron Caddies

Often for Christmas Mum gets me a new pattern of some kind. Often it comes with a not so subtle request to have that pattern made for her! She has made out well by doing this acquiring a variety of tote bags and snap bags for example. This year was no different I received a pattern for an iron caddy. I also received a not so subtle request for one of her own! Works for me!

Iron Caddy

I didn't stop at two though! Originally I bought enough material to make us matching caddies in a print that is a part of the same line of fabric that her apron was made of. Well, I then had to go on the hunt for more of the iron resistant material since the pattern only provided enough to make one. No such luck finding any up here where I live! We took a (3+ hour) drive down state and I was able to stop into the nearest JoAnne Fabric to me! Of course I didn't actually measure the piece in the pattern before leaving home. I thought it was approximately a half yard, but couldn't be certain because it had been awhile since I had even looked. I bought a yard to be safe since we don't travel south very often. The yard was enough to make two! Yay!

I dug through my stash and found I had enough material on hand, including some funky buttons to make the third caddy without having to shop. And I love this material so I decided that my Mum and a special friend will get matching iron caddies and I will use the third one from my stash!
 Still wondering just what this thing is? It is a nifty little carrier for your iron that doubles as an ironing surface! It is great for taking to classes or retreats because of its portability and the heat resistant material.
 Respectfully,
Harmony

2 comments: