Friday, March 9, 2012

Praise for my portable machine

When I packed in December for our trip south I loaded the car with my Janome 720. It is lightweight, has a small extension table and is a real piecing work horse. I fully intended to just use it for piecing flimsies to bring home to quilt or have quilted. The machine settled nicely into my sewing nook and I merrily stitched away. In January I made 3 quilt tops , a name badge, and a small purse. I thought I had everything I could possibly need right at my finger tips.

Enter the month of February and add in an email from my daughter-in-law. It seems that my step grandson needed a big boy blanket. To make the transition easier we hoped to find giraffe material and make the quilt with a tan backing and binding. I found some jungle material, added brown and green pinwheels and made a small quilt top. Since this was a priority job I didn't want to send it to Maine to be quilted and then have it sent to Texas. My little machine came to the rescue. I stitched in the ditch and did some grid stitching along with following the design of the material on the panel in the middle. All if this was done without my walking foot. I left that home on my bigger machine.I didn't have everything at my finger tips. Oh well... Love my little 720. She plugged along with out skipping a stitch!




No comments:

Post a Comment