Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's time to....

Celebrate!

 I did it! I persevered and put the binding on my quilt. With everything said and done, the binding was actually quite simple. The timing for my bobbin to begin acting up, however was impeccable. There is nothing like finally getting the guts to start a project that you are anxious enough about to only have your bobbin refuse to catch. After some aggravation (and foot stomping), I got the bobbin sorted out, but by then I was distracted so when sewing together my 2 1/2" strips, I made a few silly mistakes. First I started sewing from the wrong corner which put my diagonal going in the wrong direction. Then, after I ripped that seam out, my second attempt resulted in me not having the right sides together! After I ripped that seam out I walked away for a few moments. Upon my second fresh attempt, the project ran smoothly! Here is the result:


I had a difficult time getting a good picture! Here is hanging.


Here it is on the bed.



 A closer look at the awesome quilting by the Athletic Quilter, Katherine Pineau. Thanks, Kathy!


Last, but not least. Jon wanted to help model the quilt. Yes, there is a grown man snuggled under there!

Respectfully,
Harmony

2 comments:

  1. I am burstng with pride!! That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! Now get busy picking out your next pattern!

    ReplyDelete