Sunday, March 18, 2012

The New One Yard Wonder Book!

Greetings!

It certainly has been a long while since I have been able to post! Pieceful was making me look like a slacker. And while she gets all the credit for more posts, this is going to be a full blog for me. Just because I haven't posted doesn't mean I haven't been crafting!

One Yard

For Valentine's Day Mum bought me the latest One Yard Wonder Book.


I loved the first one (see the book review in an earlier post). And I have already completed two projects out of this second book. This one is a great tool because as it's title, Fabric-by-Fabric, suggests it addresses different techniques and tricks for using different types of fabric.

Dusty TV

One of the first projects I made from the book used regular cotton weight fabric. It is a flat screen TV cover. Who likes having a dusty TV screen? And now that the sun is shining through the windows longer, that dust is becoming more and more evident. This simple little slip cover was a quick fix! I added a curtain to help protect our game systems from dust as well. Disclaimer: The photo below doesn't do the fabric justice. The material isn't nearly as busy as it appears!

 
Swaddling Blanket

One of my best buds has a baby shower coming up! I whipped up this Swaddling Blanket very quickly this afternoon. I see myself using this pattern as a staple for baby shower gifts! Simple, quick and practical!


Key Lanyard

It is official. I have too many sets of keys! I decided it was time to use up some scraps and make some lanyards to help organize which sets belong to what school I am in! Just a quick, no fuss project that needed to happen.


Mum's Backpack

Last, but not least! I have finished Mum's quilted backpack! In order to use up scraps she also got a simple zippered bag and a lanyard to go with it. I definitely learned from my first experience and made the straps longer. Also, since she didn't want the zipper up the back I was able to bind all the raw edges on the inside which looks better in my opinion!




'Fess Up

What should I have been doing before finishing all of these little projects? I should have been putting the binding on my quilt! I got it back from being quilted by the Athletic Quilter, Katherine Pineau, and it is absolutely gorgeous! She used a variegated thread that couldn't have been more perfect. What's the hold up then? I scared. Honest and truly. I don't want to screw up. There! I've said it. Now I can move on. Binding my quilt is now the goal of the day!.....right after I go grocery shopping of course....

Stay Tuned!

I WILL be posting a picture of my completed quilt! I also have two more baby projects to finish. A neat little stroller caddy (from Fabric-by-Fabric One Yard Wonder), and a Diaper Bag from Moda Bake Shop.

Respectfully,
Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment