Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Family Christmas

Family Christmas

This weekend will be when we get to celebrate Christmas with Pieceful's side of the family. I am very excited to share with you a fun idea that I have come up with for my aunts and uncles this year. You will have to tune in again early next week to get details though, as one of my aunts is a follower and I do not want to spoil the surprise! I will, however, share with you what I have made for my cousins.

Crate Covers

 

Nine years ago I bought this Simplicity pattern. I was a senior in high school and wanted to give my friends something unique for graduation presents. I made them (all nine or ten of them!) the crate cover from this pattern. You can see it in the picture on the floor in front of the chair. Many of my high school friends are still using them today! In fact, mine is sitting right next to the couch as I type this blog. The covers slide over plastic file crates that you can find at any big box store and with the extra pockets on the outside, they can hold a lot. Extremely handy for moving in and out of the dorms. Now, my cousins who are seniors are getting their very own! I have made a few adjustments to the pattern but it's a very practical project for learning how to make pleats. The project can be completed start to finish in an afternoon. Inside the crate I slipped a few college essentials; a pop-up hamper, bed raisers and a coffee mug. I have gotten more than my (okay, my Mum's) money's worth! I will post pictures of my finished projects this weekend :)

Respectfully,
Harmony

2 comments:

  1. Awesome gift, Harmony. I know one cousin who will love it. We are getting him several college essentials. One is a coffee maker so the coffee mug is perfect! Can't wait to see you on Saturday. PS. It is ok of you post details on what you are giving the aunts and uncles. I won't say a word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to ruin it for you! It will be a good blog for next week anyway.

    Harmony

    ReplyDelete