Saturday, August 13, 2016

Summer Sewing Part 2

Sewing Machine Covers

Pieceful has been asking for sewing machine covers for awhile now! I bought the material last winter/early spring and previewed them in an earlier blog post. I am ashamed at how long it took to get to actually making them! Once I got started though, they were super simple to whip up. I made her two covers. One to keep here in Maine and the other to take to Florida with her for the winter.



The fabric I felt was just perfect since Pieceful is an avid reader. All of the words are quilting related. the only difference between the two covers were the linings.

One had thimbles,


and the other scissors.


I did it all myself, including the quilting. I find straight line quilting very relaxing. Very little thought goes into it and the rhythm of the machine is so soothing!

Happy Belated Christmas/Birthday/Mother's Day and all other applicable holidays that this project overlapped Mum!

Respectfully,

Harmony

Stay Tuned!

Next blog will show the same pattern for a different purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment