Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Decisions, decisions...


Have you ever made a quilt for a specific person and then decided that it should go to someone else? Well, that is exactly what has happened to me. My niece is graduating from high school in June and has specified browns, whites, blacks and grays as her colors of choice. I made a strippy quilt from a jelly roll and immediately decided this is not the quilt for her. Too much red. The top is finished and the binding cut. It will go home to Maine with me so I can quilt it on my larger Janome. Don't worry . I already have a new owner in mind!
My next decision revolves around another project that I have completed. On January 31st , the guild that I have recently joined had a speaker demonstrate making a purse from an 18 inch quilted square. It is a very functional purse with two flap pockets closed by velcro and a divided middle perfect for sunglasses and cell phone. I made it out of black and white with yellow for the lining to coordinate with a Grommett Tote that Harmony made for me a year ago. Hence lies my decision quandary. Do I use the pocketbook for "everyday" or keep it to use when I am taking the tote out and about? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment