Sunday, January 3, 2016

Harmony at Home

I'm Baaaack! 

This is Harmony posting today. I've been gone from blogging for quite some time. For good reason though, I promise! Last fall my husband and I bought a house! Woohoo! The best part about buying a house? Is having a room dedicated to creativity! We are calling it the 'studio'. It's a nice open space at the top of the stairs leading to the bedroom. We have one half of the room dedicated to music (we are, afterall music teachers!) with a keyboard, amps and plenty of instrument storage. The other half is my sewing area! I can leave everything set up and ready to go on a whim! We've been here three months now and I've already sewn quite a few projects here and LOVE the new space! More pictures to follow ;)


2016 

One of my New Year Resolutions this year closely resembles one that Pieceful had a few years ago. She dedicated time each Sunday to work on sewing Christmas gifts. So that when the holidays came around she wasn't so overwhelmed with projects. I am going to dedicate time each Sunday to be creative in the studio. For me, it may not involve working on gifts each Sunday, but it will involve either sewing, cutting projects, organizing or blogging about what I accomplish! Some weeks I might just squeeze an hour in while others I may spend the day! Either way, I will be creative!

Completed Projects

Believe it or not, I have completed a thing or two since my last post! Don't believe me? I have photo evidence! A wall hanging from a book series:
 A bag for my uncle that I designed to specifications he gave me!

 Many aprons and a zipper bag for Christmas presents (many more bags to come too!)

Stay tuned!

My next blog post will show off my studio but here are a few sneak peaks. The wall hanging was made by Pieceful a few years ago, but fits wonderfully in the stair well. The sweet lady bug was a Christmas present and I absolutely love it!
 This photo is a teaser. Piecefuls (belated) Christmas gift are in the process of being made out of this material!

 Respectfully,
Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment