Monday, January 13, 2014

Feeling smug...

I am feeling a tad smug. Isn't that  an interesting way to start a blog post? Yesterday was the second Sunday in the month and I successfully kept my promise to use it productively! Year before last I used an idea from a post on another blog and picked a day each month to work on Christmas gifts. By October I was all done and wrapped. It was a wonderful feeling. Why , oh why, did I not continue that into 2013? As I was scurrying around during this holiday season, I vowed to rectify that.

This year I am once again using the second Sunday of each month to work in my sewing  room. This year I have broadened the focus from Christmas gifts to gifts in general.

The feeling of smugness comes from a successful Sunday. Yesterday I completed an IOU gift from Christmas past,  completed and delivered a table runner for a neighbor and completed a sweet little pillowcase with trucks on it for next Christmas. That will be packaged with a book on trucks and placed in a dumptruck  for a little boy for Christmas coming!  (Insert a smug smile here). Completed is my new favorite word!

Off to stitch. I am on a roll!
Pieceful

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea to give thoughtful, beautiful gifts and to keep the Christmas spirit all year long! I love it!

    ReplyDelete