Friday, December 28, 2012

Best Apron Pattern

A Sturdy Apron

Good Morning! I'm happy to continue my blogging, and today I would like to share with you the apron that I made for my boyfriend's mother. Her birthday is Christmas and she cooks up quite the storm for us when we visit!  Good Italian food is messy business!

The Design

When I went to a quilt retreat last fall, one of the give-a ways was a pattern for an adjustable apron.The apron straps and  the neck were all one piece so the bib of the apron could be fit to just the right spot on the user without having to tie a knot behind your neck. I loved it! Of course I had that apron pattern in mind, and left it until last minute to begin because I thought I was all set to whip it up in an afternoon......wrong!! I managed to only make it home with one of the pages of instructions. Pieceful didn't bring that pattern with her to Florida and when I tried to chat with the lady who made the pattern on Facebook she lost her power due to a snow storm! I turned to the internet and found lots of styles. I decided I would take the features I liked the most and make a hybrid apron!

I used the adjustable strap idea from the original idea and made them super long so that they could wrap around to be tied in front. As an easy way to make the pockets for the adjustable strap, I followed an idea from a blog to make the apron two sided so it is reversible as well! I took measurements from yet another blog though because I wanted the apron to be long enough for good coverage. The result? A great apron! Having the weight of two materials is really nice and helps the apron to lie flat against you and the adjustable straps allow you to get the best fit!

 The gifted apron was worn all day! Which means she cooked all day. Which means we ate all day!

The pocket to run the strap through runs the length of each 'arm'.

Reversible!
There will be many more of these made! I can tell already. In fact, I have requests from my mother and an uncle already.

Stay Tuned

My next post will show you how to made dish scrubbies on a loom. A great pairing to go with the apron for a gift set.


Respectfully,
Harmony

2 comments:

  1. I love my scrubbies! Great with the casserole carrier as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Love the vintage looking material!

    ReplyDelete