Friday, April 20, 2012

Giving

Relay for Life

Cancer Sucks. It seems to touch every corner of life recently. For the past five years I have participated in Relay for Life in various roles. If this isn't an event you are familiar with, I highly suggest you google it and find an event in your area. I relay to find a cure. I relay in honor and memory of many family and friends. I began as a member of a team in honor of a colleague, the next year I became a team captain playing the role of an organizer for other team members and organizing fundraisers. Now, I am still a part of a team but I also am on the Event Committee as an Entertainment Organizer. I arrange music and activities throughout the night to keep the walkers energized during their over-night adventure. I also fund-raise throughout the year. If you are interesting in donating to my team please click on the following link: Donate! To pull my weight in fundraising I agreed to donate a bag that I made for a Calendar Raffle. There was a prize for each day in the month of April! Mine will be drawn next Wednesday and here is what the winner will get: A Tulip Purse! I just love this material. The photo hardly does it justice.


I also just finished another Quick Trip Diaper bag for a friend of a friend. The picture quality is not the best as I had poor lighting today, but it is a brown and blue/teal. It looks much busier than it is in real life, I promise! I love this bag because it has pockets galore! It has a pocket on the outside front, and an elastic pocket below one of the straps and SIX on the inside!



Respectfully,
Harmony

1 comment: